2018 Quilt Show
Our 2018 Quilt Show will be held October 27th (Saturday) and October 28th (Sunday) at the Municipal Auditorium (1200 Myers Street) in Oroville, CA. Doors will be open 10am to 4pm both days.
In additional to the numberous quilts on display, we will be offering a selection of quilts for sale, a boutique with items made by our industrious members, and raffle tickets for over 25 lovely baskets of goodies. Plus you will be able to putchase tickets for our gorgeous 2018 Opportunity Quilt. For the first time, we will be awarding ribbons sponsored by local business! The kind businesses (and individuals) who have contributed to our show thus far include:
- Applebees' Bar & Grill (2160 Feather River Blvd)
- Ashley's Pieces of Love Quilt Shop (2236 5th Avenue)
- Bamford Family Farms (4288 Hwy 70)
- Bruce Karolyi, State Farm Agency (2295 Feather River Blvd)
- Comer's Print Shop (2008 Lincoln Street)
- Deby's Sewing Machine Repair, (245 E Main Street in Grass Valley)
- Glamour Hair Salon (2204 5th Ave)
- Gold Flake Saloon and Cafe (1301 Lumpkin Rd)
- Mountain Fruit Company in Chico
- Oroville chapter of the Native Sons of the Golden West
- Jonathan Quine, for the Oroville Community Concert Band
- Studio J Hair Salon (1010 Spruce St in Gridley)
- Wagon Wheel Market & Deli (4607 Olive Hwy)
While you are at the show, be sure to check out "Star Bright" (our Opportunity Quilt for 2018). It is simply gorgeous! This year's quilt is based upon a pattern titled "Swoon" by Camille Roskelley (thimble blossoms) and coordinated by Marla Vaughn (OPQG President 2015-2016). While the majority of the blocks were pieced by Marla, contributions were also made by Jan Abramson, Nancy Clayton, Susan Coyle, Claudia Goebl, Ann Harvey, Sharon Helton, Angie Horne, Linda Pearson, and Dorothy Welton. The quilt top was custom quilted by Cathy Evans (Quilts by Cathy, Yuba City CA), who masterfully adapted several different quilt motifs to enhance the beautiful batiks and precision piecing of this year's opportunity quilt.
The drawing for our 2018 Opportunity Quilt will be held during the December meeting and holiday party on on 12/13/2018. Until then, our quilt will be visiting various guilds and craft fairs in the coming months, as well as being on display at the Quilt Show in October. We hope that you get the chance to see (and purchase tickets to win) this beautiful quilt in person. However, you can also purchase tickets from us by mail. Tickets are $1 each (or 6 tickets for $5). Please send a self-addressed and stamped envelope along with your name, phone number, and a check made out to "OPQG" and we will be happy to fill out the tickets and mail you back the stubs. (If you were to include some mailing labels for use in addressing the tickets, that would be even better!) Our mailing address is PO Box 276, Palermo, CA 95968.
By the way, the winner of our striking 2017 Opportunity Quilt "Gravity" was Phyllis Tapia of Lakeport, CA (and a member of the Ladies of the Lake Quilt Guild) -- she was surprised and then delighted when we called her (via speakerphone) during our Holiday Party.